Monday, May 2, 2011

Netbook Sleeves

I have a friend that recently purchased what she calls her "mini laptop". I offered to crochet her a sleeve for it. She's very supportive of my crochet endeavors and, for me, it's a reward to crochet for someone who truly likes what you are doing.

She gave me the measurements for this. It's the first time I've designed something with strictly measurements. She likes earth colors and I believe I incorporated the ones she specifically mentioned.

I got graph paper out and really went to a lot of thought on the one with the squares but it didn't turn out quite like I had thought it would. And I was careful with the seams but maybe because of the thickness of the yarn ( I wanted it to protect the netbook) the just don't look as neat as others I have done.

Since I wasn't completely happy with that one, I set out to make a different design. This one I just started crocheting and measured as I went and decided what I wanted as I went. I actually like this one the best.

The open along different sides. Now, we'll wait to see which one she likes the best.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews