Monday, April 25, 2011

Younger Son's Afghan

I stayed up to 3:00AM for most of last week working on this in order to have it finished by the time we left to see him Friday morning. It was  a chore. I misread the gauge and therefore adjusted my hook size to what I thought the gauge said. After making the number of squares the pattern called for I realized it wasn't going to be the overall size stated in the pattern. Nope, I didn't start over. I just adapted and made more squares. It took less time I and I also thought that I liked the look the smaller squares had.

Another change I made to the pattern was using hexagons instead of circles. It was the mood I was in when I started the afghan maybe. Or that I normally don't crochet in the round with that effect because hats and such I want to be circles. I felt this gave me a chance to try something different. Caleb likes the look. In fact, he was more than pleased with the finished product.

I remembered that Mamaw would often embroider her name and the date on her quilts that she gave us. So, I also included a "crochet by" tag on the afghan. I'll add one the David's and each one I make for my family.

I don't have very good lighting to take pictures of this inside my house but since it's generally dark outside when I complete something, and I have to immediately take the picture so I won't forget, I post what I have.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews