Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Who I Am

I’m getting close to middle age. My grandmother taught me to crochet beginning when I was 8 years old. She passed away when I was 14 and I feel I’ve kept this up as legacy of sorts. I’ve tried teaching a couple of people but they have lost interest. I hope to pass the knowledge along to another one day.

I crochet. A lot. I usually always have something going. These days I’ve been really busy.
This past year, I gave away more than I have in a long time. I sent scarves to the Special Olympics and that was rather rewarding so I have a goal to do more charity crochet this year and I’ve been searching for the right projects for me.

So far, I’ve chosen Soldier Angels because I have family in the military and I so respect those who fight for our freedom. I may not always agree with a war or conflict but I ALWAYS am thankful for those who answer the call to serve our country.

Next, I’m looking at the Project Linus. For a couple of reasons. My husband loves Peanuts and has his own Linus Blanket. The cause is a great concept. Quoting from the website….”Project Linus is comprised of hundreds of local chapters and thousands of volunteers across the United States. Each volunteer and local chapter all work together to help us achieve our mission which is to provide love, a sense of security, warmth and comfort to children who are seriously ill, traumatized, or otherwise in need through the gifts of new, handmade blankets and afghans, lovingly created by volunteer “blanketeers.”"

Neither of these causes are really local to me so, I’m also looking for one in my area.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews