Monday, May 2, 2011

Supplies

I believe that I've found the yarn I want to use for Mary's afghan. Online of course. I have very limited access to yarn in the town I live in. Walmart is it. Now, they do sell two of my favorite yarns in limited colors.

Traveling an hour to the nearest city gets me a Joann's and a Michaels. While I am thankful for them, they do not stock as much yarn as sister stores in other cities. And there are so many more yarns online than can be found any where I've purchased yarn. I think I'm going to have to order what I want for this afghan. I have a small issue with that. I like to touch a yarn I haven't used before. I like to see it and feel it. I have don't mind at all ordering a yarn I can't get locally that I have used before.

I believe that I've decided on a satin acrylic for this afghan. It will be a good texture, should show stitches well, and will be easily maintained.

Of course, I suppose one could also consider me lucky not to have a good variety near me to choose from. Otherwise, I may would bankrupt us purchasing what I found that appealed to my sight and touch.

It's a catch 22 isn't it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews