Monday, May 2, 2011

Mom's Birthday/Mother's Day Gift

Mom has been wanting/asking for a summer shawl of some type and for it to be white.

Here's what I made her.I used this pattern but used a light weight yarn instead and still used the N hook. Which left me unsure of how I liked the stitches to begin with. It grew on me as I made this. (I ripped it out three times.) It has a lacy feel and look to it. It is so lightweight to hold....airy. BTW, I did add repeats to make it wider since I used a smaller yarn and I wanted to make sure it was wide enough.
Hopefully, I'll be able to update this post with a picture of her modeling it. I'm going to ask my sister that is taking it to her to get one for me.

I'm partial to shawls and wraps and while working on Mom's I realized that none of the ones I have are really suitable for summer. So, I did decide in the end that I would try this pattern in a different yarn for myself. I go this on a great sale. I liked the colors and bought it with nothing in mind to use it for. It's a lightweight Bernat Satin. I love the feel of this yarn and it has been a pleasure to work with...it just glides over my hook. I'll definitely be getting some more of this. Here's the work in progress with Mom's to hopefully show the difference in how the same pattern can look with a different yarn.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews